Local authorities currently offer support to businesses through general compliance advice and through tailored advice packages called Home and Primary Authority Partnerships.
Business guidance is available from your local trading standards as part of the customised services they provide. Most trading standards services in Scotland:
- offer business advice on various subjects;
- promote fair trading practices;
- organise training and education;
- run trusted trader schemes;
- carry out risk assessment;
- deal with licences and registrations;
- check weights and measures;
- enforce product safety legislation;
- mediate disputes;
- and inspect premises.
The business.scotland.gov.uk site is an online resource designed to make it easier for Scottish businesses to find information they need from government and the wider public sector. It pulls together information from a variety of public sector organisations delivering services to Scottish businesses.
More about Primary Authority Partnerships from the Better Regulation Delivery Office part of the UK Government Department for Business, Innovation and Skills.
More about Primary Authority Partnerships from the Scottish Government.